Makeup for pantomime dames
My idea for dame makeup is to aim to look like a scarcely believable woman! Here are some tips.
- Heavy eyebrows will need an application of eyebrow plastic to hide them and camouflage makeup over them if they are dark
- Choose a pale base colour you would use for ageing. G1 or W1 will do the job.
- Use a heavy application of cake makeup to give an artificial look to the makeup.
- If there is a beard shadow, use camouflage makeup first to hide it. Choose a colour to match the base.
- Blusher and lipstick should be bright and matching.
- Use a black eyebrow pencil to draw in some eyebrows.
- Eye shadow needs to be dramatic. Bright blue is the fallback or choose a colour to match the costumes.
Apply eyebrow plastic with a spatula in the direction of hair growth to lay eyebrows flat so you can hide them with makeup.
5ml ammonia-free eyelash adhesive from Grimas with 'perfect peel' for clean removal
Makeup sponge round for water based and cake
Big black bushy eyelashes for panto dame or drag queen
Pink and black swirling lashes with feathers
Bright pink feather lashes
Flat round tipped brush for lipstick and eye shadow
Big pink eyelashes for panto dame or drag queen
Big black eyelashes for panto dame or drag queen
Big yellow and silver eyelashes for panto dame or drag queen
They're big and they're blue