Makeup for pantomime dames
My idea for dame makeup is to aim to look like a scarcely believable woman! Here are some tips.
- Heavy eyebrows will need an application of eyebrow plastic to hide them and camouflage makeup over them if they are dark
- Choose a pale base colour you would use for ageing. G1 or W1 will do the job.
- Use a heavy application of cake makeup to give an artificial look to the makeup.
- If there is a beard shadow, use camouflage makeup first to hide it. Choose a colour to match the base.
- Blusher and lipstick should be bright and matching.
- Use a black eyebrow pencil to draw in some eyebrows.
- Eye shadow needs to be dramatic. Bright blue is the fallback or choose a colour to match the costumes.
Excellent for covering either thin or heavy eyebrows
Grimas Eyebrow Plastic is a transparent wax that is used for covering up eyebrows. It sticks firmly and stays flexible.
Use a sculpting tool to take it out of the container and work it lightly on the ball of your thumb. You want it to be flexible but not too soft and sticky.
For thin eyebrows apply the eyebrow plastic with the rounded end of a spatula in the direction of the eyebrow hairs, making sure that no hairs stick out. Smooth the edges flat.
If the eyebrows are heavy, start by combing against the direction of the hairs with an eyebrow brush or mascara wand and then use the brush to apply the eyebrow plastic. Work against the direction of the hairs first and then smooth the hairs back in the natural direction. Finish with the sculpting tool as for finer eyelashes.
Whichever method used to put the eyebrow plastic on
5ml ammonia-free eyelash adhesive from Grimas with 'perfect peel' for clean removal
Rounded to a fine 1mm tip for excellent control when applying eye makeup
Makeup sponge round for water based and cake
Big black bushy eyelashes for panto dame or drag queen
Pink and black swirling lashes with feathers
Bright pink feather lashes
Oval tipped brush for lipstick and eye shadow
Big pink eyelashes for panto dame or drag queen
Big black eyelashes for panto dame or drag queen
Big yellow and silver eyelashes for panto dame or drag queen
They're big and they're blue